Mr. Bailey is a partner in the firm and has a litigation practice specializing in the defense of personal injury and wrongful death litigation and related appeals. Mr. Bailey is also experienced in the handling of cargo and environmental claims. He has successfully tried a number of maritime cases in both Texas state court and federal court. Mr. Bailey also has significant appellate experience in the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Texas Supreme Court and the intermediate Texas Courts of Appeal. He has been named a Texas Super Lawyer in Maritime and Transportation Law.
Mr. Bailey has presented continuing legal education lectures on the Jones Act, maintenance and cure, impairment ratings, and the use of independent medical examinations in litigation. He is the author of “Navigating Through the Jones Act and Maintenance and Cure”, “Punitive Damages in Maintenance and Cure Claims”, “Navigating the Post-Townsend World”, and “A Practitioner’s Guide to Independent Medical Examinations—Their Benefits and Pitfalls”.
Mr. Bailey is a member of the U.S. Fifth Circuit Bar Association and the International Transportation Management Association. He is also a past-Skipper of the Houston Mariners’ Club.
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Personal Injury Defense: General Liability; Product Liability; Insurance Defense
- Environmental & Toxic Tort
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2001
- Trinity University, B.A., 1996
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Supreme Court and all lower Texas courts
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Houston Mariners’ Club
- International Transportation Management Association
- U.S. Fifth Circuit Bar Association